Terms & Conditions
1. Once the holiday reservation has been confirmed the contract is between the person (hereinafter referred to as The Guest) making the booking who also agrees to be responsible for all other members of his or her party as listed on the booking form and the Owner of the holiday property (hereinafter referred to as The Owner).
2. Reservations will only be confirmed upon receipt of a deposit not less than 30% of the total holiday cost or the full amount if within 6 weeks of arrival.
3. Once payment has been received and confirmation issued, dates booked are non-transferable.
4. Payment of the balance of the total cost of the holiday booking is due six weeks before the date on which the holiday is to commence. Failure by the Guest to ensure that such payment reaches The Owner by this date may result in the cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of any money previously paid. A reminder will be sent by email 7 days prior to the balance being due. In all cases where the balance remains outstanding 28 days prior to the arrival date, the booking will be cancelled without further notice and any money previously paid will be forfeited. The guest will remain liable to pay the full balance due.
5. The Guest undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture fixtures and fittings in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and also undertakes to leave the premises in the same state of cleanliness and order as when they arrived. The Owner of the property must be compensated by the Guest for any damage, breakages and excessive cleaning that may be required.
6. The Owner of the property or his representative is to be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time whether occupied or not and at any time in the event of an emergency.
7. The number of persons using the holiday property is not to exceed at any time the maximum number stated in the property description.
8. If you find it necessary to cancel your holiday, this contract is legally binding and means that you will still be liable for the full cost of the holiday. We therefore strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance policy. Any cancellation must be made in writing or by email and confirmation of receipt obtained from the owner.
9. In the event of you cancelling your holiday and you either have no insurance provision or the policy you have does not cover your reason for cancelling you must still pay the full cost of the holiday. In such cases The Owner will make every effort to re-let the property for the period booked. If successful a refund of monies will be paid less an administration charge of £40 plus any other charges associated with the booking. Where it is possible to re-let only some of the date, the refund will be pro-rata of the total rental less any balance due and the admin charge. E.g. 4 nights re-booked of a 7 night booking for £700, refund will be £400 less £40 = £360. If only a £200 deposit had been paid, guest is liable for the balance of £500 less £360 refund = £140.
10. Once the booking reservation has been confirmed The Guest and party members as listed on the booking form have the right to occupy the reserved property for a holiday within the meaning of Schedule 1 Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988.
11. Should The Owner need to cancel or make a material alteration to your holiday arrangements a full refund of monies will be offered but The Owner shall be under no other liability.
12. If the Guest fails to observe any of the conditions or undertakes any kind of unruly drunken or anti-social behaviour then the Owner or his representative will have the right to enforce the Guest to vacate the property at once without any recompense.
13. The Owner will not be liable to any person or member of a holiday booking for any personal injury, illness or death, loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused, nor for the loss or theft of money. Guests must ensure the property is secure at any time it is left unoccupied.
14. Pets must not be left unattended in the property for a period exceeding 4 hours in any one day, and must be fully house trained. The Owner offers a free pet minding service subject to availability. Any fouling of carpets must be reported to The Owner immediately to allow effective deep cleaning. Pets must not be allowed on beds or furniture without using your own or the provided covers. It is the responsibility of pet owners to remove pet waste from all outside areas and dispose of in the receptacles provided. The total number of pets at the property cannot exceed the number agreed on your booking at any time.
15. The Owner cannot accept responsibility for any lack of information concerning the property and guests are encouraged to request any information they may require prior to booking. Information and photographs are provided accurately at the time of going to press, however facilities or physical attributes may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside of the owners control and in this event the owner cannot accept liability.
16. We regret that due to the amount of belongings which have previously been left behind, a postage charge will need to be collected prior to returning lost property. The Owner will retain left property for a maximum period of six weeks after which it will be disposed of.
17. The Owner endeavours to carry out everything possible to ensure that you have an enjoyable and successful holiday however should a problem occur please try to obtain satisfaction during your holiday. A problem cannot be resolved unless details are made known as soon as it is encountered. If the Guest vacates the property prematurely as a result of any alleged dissatisfaction or makes any form of claim upon return from the holiday and has not followed the procedure as above, then no liability for any subsequent claim will be accepted or correspondence entered into. If on arrival The Guest is not satisfied with the cleaning of the property The Owner reserves the right to request the original or an alternative cleaner to return and attend to matters. No compensation claim will be considered if cleaning problems are attended to within 24 hours of first being reported. Disputes of this nature must be reported within 24 hours of arrival.
18. Any dispute between the parties involved in the contract shall be settled according with English Law.
19. Please note that internet access is intended for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary and should guests experience difficulties or loss of use The owner will not be held responsible in any way.
20. All rooms in the property are strictly non-smoking. Ashtrays are provided around the outside areas where guests may smoke.
21. Accidents must be reported within 24 hours.
22. It is a condition of booking that all guests read and abide by the hot tub rules. This is an unsupervised facility and persons under the age of 18 should be supervised by an adult at all times. The Owner accepts no liability whatsoever for any injury, illness or loss sustained by a guest as a result of using this facility. The owner reserves the right to access the hot tub area at any time for the purposes of maintenance or repair.